About Low Level Laser Therapy
Low Level Laser Therapy in Halifax and Dartmouth
Low Level Laser/phototherapy offers our patients safe, fast, and effective healing. Light energy penetrates the skin and is absorbed by the mitochondria of all cell types, where it is converted to bio-chemical energy, restoring normal cell function.
During the treatment, you will not feel anything. Unlike ultrasound, there is no heating effect, no limit to the number of treatments, and no risk of burning tissue. If you are sensitive, have metal or plastic implants, or a pacemaker, this treatment is safe.
Most treatments take between 30 and 60 minutes.
Low Level Laser Therapy is administered by our chiropractors and physiotherapists, and is covered by your private health care plan.
- Increase circulation and angiogenesis
- Reduce or eliminates acute and chronic pain
- Reduce inflammation and swelling
- Stimulate and improve nerve function
- Strengthen and repair bone and soft tissue
- Increase mobility and muscle function
Laser therapy can treat:
- Arthritis (osteo and rheumatoid)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive strain injuries
- Acute and chronic pain (post-operative, neuralgia, fibromyalgia or muscle tension/spasms)
- Soft tissue injuries, strains, and sprains
- Swelling and edema
- Inflammatory conditions (e.g., tendonitis, bursitis)
- Bone fractures and orthopaedic implants
Find Out More About Low Level Laser Therapy. Book an Assessment Now.Contact Us Today